I was recently informed by a blogger whom I admire that I have been nominated for a Lieber Award. My first reaction was the title of this posting. Now I am new at this (been blogging less than 2 months) and I don’t know if it’s real or not, but that doesn’t matter. It is wonderful just to find out that someone likes you.
That being said, I am supposed to do a few things – answer questions and such – because all the nominees are asked to do it. So I will try my best. Please forgive my shortcomings as I don’t yet know many people here.
First of all, the person who nominated me has a blog called “Not This Song.” (http://notthissong.com/) I won’t go into the specific topic of her blog because I want you to check it out. But I will say that she writes openly about her struggles in a very personal and poetic way. This is not just a “messy” blog like mine. Her voice is elegant and poignant. Please read her work.
I was also asked to post eleven random facts about myself, and answer eleven specific questions, so here goes nothing.
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. I am a very bad swimmer, but an excellent drowner.
2. I am very emotional and cry at the drop of a hat – and that is fine with me.
3. I love to go into the kitchen and create my own dishes with whatever ingredients are around – and no one has died yet!
4. I have almost died several times while going through “medical procedures.”
5. I have spent most of my time willingly working for people for free – not earning a single cent.
6. I love pie.
7. For some strange reason, animals tend to love me – I am not sure yet about how people feel (except kids, who seem to love me, too.)
8. I am not wearing shoes right now (of course this might not be true – depending on when you read this.)
9. Instead of nightmares, I tend to have humorous dreams and I often wake up laughing.
10. I miss being able to have my daughter home to take care of. Why did she have to grow up?
11. I like to write more than I like to read.
Answers to my 11 questions:
1. Q: What was the hardest and/or most annoying book you had to read in school?
A: “The Bridge of San Luis Rey” by Thornton Wilder. (This book was set in Peru, so it was about Latino people and I had no idea that the word “Don” meant “Mr.” So I got confused and thought all the male characters were named Don. Needless to say, the plot was hard to follow after that.)
2. Q: What actor or celebrity would you like to interview on your blog?
A: I would love to interview Paul McCartney, but I would probably be way too nervous to get a single word out. More appropriate for my blog, however, would probably be the Dali Lama.
3. Q: If you could become instantly fluent in one new language for you, which would you choose?
A: Chinese. Love the food – and greatest potential for new friends.
4. Q: What animal has been the most important one in your life?
A: My cat, Julius. He sat by my side every single day when I had cancer. I miss him.
5. Q: Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
A: I have a pair of black shoes that are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. And though they look “formal,” they really aren’t because I could wear them all day long and still feel comfortable.
6. Q: What’s your favorite gemstone or mineral?
A: I’m not really sure, but since my birthstone is a ruby, I will go with that. Please send me some as soon as possible.
7. Q: Have you ever done karaoke? What did you sing? What would you sing?
A: NO, never, and you could never get me to do it unless I was drunk (and I don’t drink.) That would be out of my comfort zone. If I was FORCED to do it, I would sing “Happy Birthday,” because that is the shortest song I know.
8. Q: Would you rather give up sweet food or spicy food?
A: I could easily give up anything that burns my tongue, so I guess I will stick with eating sweets (don’t tell my doctor.)
9. Q: What’s your favorite planet? Pluto counts.
A: Saturn. The rings are gorgeous and summers there quite pleasant. It’s also easy to find hotels with reasonable rates.
10. Q: Name a fictional character you once wanted to date.
A: Aunt Bea – boy could she bake a pie.
11. Q: What do you like the most about your face?
A: That I don’t have to look at it as much as you do.
That’s all I have for now. Sorry if this posting was boring, but I am not “Mr. Excitement” – or am I? You be the judge. If I hear snores, I will have my answer.
Thank you for reading this all the way to here. You get a cookie.