Holy Cow, Batman, Jennie Sherwin has nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is not to be confused with the Lobster Award, which I probably won’t win because the crustacean lobby is out to get me. Thank you, Jennie, I accept this award with humble arrogance.
To accept the award, there are some rules that I must follow, so here goes:
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Here are my questions from Jennie:
1. Who are your role models in your professional life? When I was a little boy, I always looked up to Johnny Carson, and had dreams of hosting the show when I grew up. Then life set in and my career path changed. Still, I do write humor from time to time, so I would have to say that most admire Woody Allen, Neil Simon and Dave Barry. How’s that?
2. Who are the people who have inspired you in your personal life? I have been inspired the most by people who speak up for love, peace, equality and non-violence. My heroes would be: Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Lennon, and the Dali Lama.
3. Choose one thing in your life for which you are immensely grateful. I am immensely grateful that I did not die from cancer so that I could have the opportunity to have a child and stay home for 18 years raising her – the best years of my life!
4. Give one example each of how you make the chemical, emotional, mental, and physical environments in your home safer for you and those you love. I try my best to not use harmful chemical products or processed items, including food. I take care of everyone around me and always try to show them how much I love them.
5. Choose one person in your life to whom you can tell almost anything without fear of judgment. My wife.
6. If you could choose another profession, other than the one you are in, which would you choose? I always wanted to be a teacher, but didn’t think I had the strength to do it. It takes a special kind of person to do that and do it well.
7. How would you like to be remembered? As a peaceful man who tried his best to love everyone.
8. What do you do for recreation? Take hikes with my camera and photograph nature.
9. What is your favorite family game, i.e., something you play or played with your children? 20 questions
10. Who is your favorite poet? Shel Silverstein
11. Is there a song you like to sing? In-a-gadda-da-vida, including the drum solo.
Here are my nominees:
1. MCS Gal
4. Amy Saab
11. Art for Nothing
Here are your 11 Questions:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What do you write about the most?
3. Have you ever gotten into trouble for something you have written?
4. Where would you most like to spend a month-long vacation?
5. If you could do anything in the world – and get paid for it – what would that be?
6. What song best describes your life?
7. What protagonist (hero/ine) do you most relate to?
8. If you could be any age, how old would you be and why?
9. What is your favorite type of music?
10. If you needed advice, who would be the first person you asked?
11. What is the most daredevil thing you have ever done?
That’s it, everyone. Have fun claiming your award.
Thank you, again, Jennie for nominating me for the Liebster Award.